Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Resto update

While at home this past weekend I was able to spend a couple of hours working on the vette. I finally took the time to finish drilling out the rivets holding the front rotors onto the wheel assembly. Back in the day GM rivited the rotors in place to help with the ease of assembly and to control run-out. Some re-rivet them, but I do not plan to unless I discover issues with the brake calipers. So far they seem to work great, for non-power disc brakes. The only part of the brake system left is the parking brake assembly. Being that everything is new the pads and the rotor have interference not allowing the install. I need to sand down the pads a touch to make some clearance. Hopefully we will sell our house soon so we can finally get settled. Then the next step will be to rebuild the suspension.

No comments: