Wednesday, August 23, 2006

23 August 2006 - Ready...set...FIRE! FIRE!!

Well, tomorrow just might be the day! I hooked-up the battery tonight along with the starter and dropped in the distributor. Matt will be coming over again after work to help me fire it up! Hopefully all goes well and I can get power to everything I need, mainly the starter and distributor. The old radiator is hooked-up and just sitting in the front end. I almost didn't have a car to restore. Yup, as the title of this post hinted, I had a start of a fire! When I hooked up the battery the main power cable for the starter was grounded causing the wire to throw sparks and begin to smoke!!! Whew! That was a close one! But situation resolved, and I was able to engage the starter. Tomorrow I'll post some pics and possibly a video!

No comments: