Thursday, October 26, 2006

26 October 2006 - Painters' touch

We've fully moved into our new home and it is nice to once again have room...too much room! After not opening boxes for 10 months we should just sell everything that is in them! Afterall, we haven't used whatever is in them, right!? Anyhow, mom is still here and is helping us paint the rooms which we'll post photos of soon. So far mom and I have painted the kitchen, sun room, master bedroom, and some ceilings.

I'll be getting back to working on the car this weekend. I plan to replace the U-joints as well as paint the garage walls with primer after touching-up the rough mud job by the builder. I will then paint the walls in a "sky-blue" color to make it bright and look like a showroom for the Vette! I also have 2 of 4 cool-white flourescent lights mounted, with plans to mount the remaining 2 this weekend as well. I had to run additional wiring and a switch with an outlet for them.

Nathaniel continuously runs around the house, and has enjoyed his new found freedom! He has his own HUGE bedroom as well as a toy room! I still need to mount his baseball ceiling fan, and the ceiling fan in the great room. I'm lucky to not have had to return to China, as my co-worker has been there since the beginning of the month and is not cleared to come home anytime soon!

My nephew, Brenden, is making a return trip to the NFL Youth Flag Football National Championships at Disney World again this year! His team easilly handled all the opponents last weekend nearby in Regional competition in Randalstown, MD, boy was it a long day. His team mercied all others until he met his younger sister's all girl team who took them to the full time of play, but they only scored 1x against the boys who won by 3 touches. Taylor's team also won all their games until that play-off game with her brother's, upsetting (litterally) all the boys teams! We'll be going this year to watch as they play at the Wide World of Sports Complex on-site at Disney on my birthday Nov. 18th. We'll also be staying for an additional 3 days to take Thane to the theme parks, we just need to find a place to board the 2 dogs.

No comments: