Monday, November 13, 2006

13 November 2006 - It was a cold ride

It was a cold ride, but a good one! Yes, I finished the brakes with another late night on Sat at 3AM Sun. All that was left was hooking up the throttle cable. This was no easy task. The only easy part was buying a ball stud, but then I had to attach the cable. The original cable did not have the plastic fitting on the end for a bracket, instead it was clamped. So, I bought a universal bracket, the only one I could find, and found a small bracket to clamp the cable housing onto it. It worked!

The brakes still need some work. I had to go back a few times to re-tighten some fittings that had some small leaks. I also need to have a 2nd helper to help me make sure all air is out of the system, as it is pretty soft still. It was pretty difficult doing it solo, and at 2AM!

I also spent a few hours at the office in the model shop Sat morning to weld the radiator support. I had to manufacture some brackets to be able to mount the correct radiator in the car. The radiator and support that were in the car were for an automatic big block engine. I then painted it up and it actually looks like it belongs!

Anyhow, I took the 1st drive yesterday afternoon. Deffinitely need to get some new shocks as it is like sitting on a board it is so stiff! However, I can tell already that it has a ton of power! This is gonna be one fun ride when it's done!

No comments: