Monday, February 11, 2013

2013 Beginnings....

WOW, figured I'd revive my Blog for 2013 instead of posting to Facebook. I'll give it a try, and I'd like to ask for your feedback as to which you prefer!? THANKS!

So, it appears I haven't posted here since well before Nic was born, going back to Dec 2008!!! A lot has changed, and yes, I was drug in to Facebook with the rest of the world's fools! LOL My hope is to bring a better atmosphere to following my mountain bike adventures, while also being able to promote my sponsors, as well as share a little of my family life.

My 1st post will be coming soon as I will be travelling with a couple friends to the annual race in FL promoted by a great group known as Gone Riding (Dave and Terry)! I've always looked forward to their 6/12hr event to help build my training for the start of the season. Now more than ever, as in the past it was to get outside for some dirt riding instead to the usual snow back in MI. I usually had a couple of additional months following to continue my training, but now being in NC the season starts just 2wks later!!

Once again I'll be racing Single Speed in 2013. I will be expanding my exposure beyond the Southern Classics Series to the South Eastern Regional Championships. I figured I needed to increase the competition after taking the SS class by storm upon returning to racing following a 4yr hiatus in 2010. The SCS included NC, SC, and VA, for which I won the SS title for all 3 states and the series both years. This year the SERC series will add TN, GA, AL, and FL to the mix!!! Should be a fun time!!!

I will also be racing with my team mates from last year on a new team, The Hometeam presented by Spooky Bicycles! Our team's focus is to support the U-23 racers on the team which is a national team. We will be riding custom bikes. My bike will be built as an AL 29er frame with an eccentric bottom bracket and fitted with the latest and greatest Cannondale Lefty. Tires will be provided by Geax, shoes will come from Mavic, lids/eyes from Rudy Project USA, energy from GU, and others to be named soon!!

Please follow along and enjoy my ramblings. Let me know your thoughts and if you can come out to join in the fun, riding or supporting!!!

Thanks!
Bart

No comments: